Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 15-16: Going back home

My Africa adventure continues when I was waiting for my connecting flight from Nairobi to Dubai.

Flight was delayed more than 4 hours in Nairobi Airport (East Africa busiest airport). And I really hate this airport, expensive and in poor condition. There is only one restaurant.

1 month after we came back, this airport caught fire.


Stuck in Dubai Airport.

Due to the delay in Nairobi, we missed our connecting flight from Dubai to Singapore on Emirates. Kenya Airline sucks! We were stuck in the airport for 17 hours, running around trying to make arrangement. Kenya airline could not give us a flight and told us that the next available flight is 2 days later.

In the end, we had to buy Singapore Airline tickets out of our own pocket to go home.
Till this date, Kenya airline did not respond to us.

Needless to say, this experience cemented my impression of East Africa.

Hotel in Dubai Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment